Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Kan-Sas, not Canada
Today after a rather insightful sex-trafficking and human rights class (I say insightful because it was one of the better days for observing human behavior--more on that later), I meandered over to the post-office to send a package to my mum in Kansas. After waiting in line for a few minutes, I finally made my way up to the counter, where I proceeded to explain to the lady working that I just needed to send the package to Kansas. She handed the package back, and asked me to write Canada on there. I looked at her confusedly, and repeated that I wanted to send it to Kan-Sas, not Canada. This banter went on for a few more seconds. Finally, she looked at me and said: Kansas!?, as though I'd made up a new state. Eventually, it all got sorted out, and hopefully, the package is on its way to my home state. Needless to say, I left the post office in a bewildered state of mind. Although I've always realized that Kansas isn't a particularly popular, well-known or even well-understood state, I never thought it could be forgotten completely, especially not at the POST OFFICE. I know better now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment